Thursday, September 09, 2004

Thursday swim

Got my friend from work to swim with me today and give me some personal critisizm (sp?) on my stroke. Said everything was pretty good but gave me some pointers on some small flaws. He mentioned that with my current technique, a faster turnover is what I will need to get any faster. Not much left over in the area of streamlining and propulsion, just refinement. Also mention that working with paddles with help me a lot more that I had thought. Also tried to learn butterfly, breast and back stroke as well as worked on my turns. He will probably start swimming with me on saturday mornings with the club in a few weeks. --------- Gonna run today cuz I missed it yesterday due to rain and open house at the High School. Just 10 miles - easy pace.

3 comments:

Robert Evans said...

Why does he think paddles will help? Why did you think they would not?

jaretj said...

His reasoning for using the paddles is that the paddles I have will guide my hands and arms through the water with the proper moitions and therefore making them second nature to me. My thinking was that I would learn to depend on them.

Robert Evans said...

Ah. Okay. Thanks for the clarification and thanks for blogging. I'm a regular reader. ;-)