Monday, September 06, 2004

Lake Erie Swim

Getting ready for the race this saturday I decided to get a swim in at Sterling State park located in Monroe on Lake Erie. The water was much warmer than I expected it to be, guessing about 70 to 72 degrees. I swam in my full suit, which I rarely ever do, and was a little warm. All I really did was jump into the surf cuz there were 2-3 foot waves comming in and breaking on the beach, kind of fun in the beginning but it got boring after 20 minutes and I decided to try to swim a bit. Well that was really tough to do being bounced around everywhere so after 10 minutes I body surfed back to the beach in a big hurry and made sand castles for a while. After I got home I did a 6 mile run just to get my legs moving. 0:54:33, HR 144. -------- This race comming up is an Escape to Alcatraz qualifier and is run nearly the same way with the swim starting from a ferry boat 1500 meters out in the lake. It looks like a lot of fun, and that is what I'm doing it for. Goals for the race are 25 min swim, 1:11:00 for the bike, under 0:50:00 for the run. I set the bike a little easier this time cuz the run is supposed to be really tough and I want to improve on that part of the race. --------- Click on the title for the link to race or copy and past this link. http://www.fatrabbitracing.com/events/GLE.asp

No comments: