Sunday, March 08, 2009

Week in review

I met my goals again this week with all 4 of my swims, 5 hours on the bike and near 40 run miles.

Swimming the 500's has gotten better. I'm tempted to add another 500 to the sets on monday.
I'm still time contrained on Wednesday and Friday has been consistant with 3000 yards. I'd like to get back to the 200's this week but we'll see how things turn out.
There is a swim meet next weekend that I'll be in so I'm going to cut the saturday swim and try to move the longer bike ride to friday.

Biking has seen 5 hours again with 2 of the rides outside but the longer one was on the trainer. I rode harder than I thought I could for that distance on the trainer by doing some intervals. I may only see 4 hours for the next week.

Running was at 38 miles with 3 days of that having a bit of intensity. Sat and Sun were just junk miles. If I had more time today I would have gotten the extra 2 in but the rec center closed at 5pm and I could only get 30 min in.

Next week will be a little bit lighter cuz of the swim meet but I will welcome the slight drop in volume. I will be hitting it hard for another 2 weeks then start to taper for the state swim meet. After the state swim meet I can hit it hard for 6 to 7 more weeks prepping for Triple T.

No comments: