Thursday, March 12, 2009

A good ride on the trainer (if one is even possible)

I felt pretty good on the trainer today and since I feel that I haven't been going hard enough lately I tried to kill the workout today, even though I had a hard day yesterday.

Bike 1:10 on trainer
WU 20 min including 6X30 sec hard
4X10 min hard (~215 watts) with 2 min easy rests
~4 min cool down

I went fairly hard on the first interval and was able to match or exceed it with the following 3. Normally I start off too easy and have a lot left at the end but not today.

Run on Hines drive, the water has receded a little bit and I was able to run past Wayne Rd for my normal 5.1 mile route. I under dressed for this run and was a bit cold the whole way. It wasn't as warm as yesterday, about 29 deg F.

Run 5.1 miles in 42:53
Just some more junk miles to get my "Thirty by Thursday." I had to eat a gel about half way out and walk it off cuz I was running on fumes and felt a bonk comming.

No comments: