Sunday, March 01, 2009

I"m up to 5 hours a week on the bike

I sure do not like the trainer but I have to get my bike time in somehow. I ride on the road last thursday was a good change, I wish I would have been able to go further that day.


All of my time came in late last week with a 1:05 on thursday, 1:30 on saturday and 2:30 on sunday. I was a little concerned that I wouldn't get the time in, I really wanted to quit riding yesterday but pulled it off, probably a little easier than I should have gone.


Running volume is not up to where I need to be and I've really have 3 weeks to get it there. It's not cuz I'm tired or time constrained, I just don't handle the cold weather that well. Running under 30°F is difficult for me. I would like to double run around my weekday bike rides and run 1 hour instead of 45 minutes on others. The weather is breaking somewhat this week again, hopefully I can run my longer run outside again like last week. Overall I would like to get about 10 miles a week more than I'm doing now so that would be near 40.


The reason I have 3 weeks is cuz I have a big swim meet on the weekend of the 27th to 29th and need an easy week of running to rest up. I need to be at my best for this meet where I will be swimming many events over the weekend including the 1650, 1000, 500, 200, 100, 50, another individual event and up to 4 relays. After that my training becomes all about biking and running.


For the meantime my swimming is getting better too. The 500's on monday are my longer intervals at around 7 to 8 minutes, the 100's on wednesday are my shorter/harder ones and my friday's have become a hard 200's day. I felt better on saturday where I swam meters but I wrote the workout so I knew how hard to swim each interval to finish strong. I'm not sure if I should pop up to 1000's sometime instead of 500's just to get the long distance in. I'm not sure I could count that high while swimming right now either.

No comments: