Thursday, March 27, 2008

Training and more Rambling - Thursday 3/27

I've been pretty consistant on the computrainer lately, it's been a good thing. Last night when I got an hour into my ride I was getting bored so I popped in my ITU tape and I was going strong again in just a few minutes. Scrubs just wasn't cutting it :(

Anywho...I've eaten pretty good lately and I've been able to drop down to 146 lbs. I feel pretty good about it and have 2 to 3 more pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. Whenever I start losing weight my arms start to look scary thin but I seem to hang on to the fat on my stomach and but. I can allready feel it thinning out now :)

Also, I forgot to mention that I changed shoes again last wednesday (3/20) cuz my Elixers were worn out. I got 315 miles on them and the sole under the balls of my feet were getting crushed down pretty well. That was about the milage I expected to get out of them but I wish I would have changed about 50 miles earlier cuz my right foot was starting to hurt. I really liked those shoes and will be getting another pair for racing and fast training but now I've gone back to the Wave Riders for my every day training shoe.

Run on Treadmill cuz it was really nasty again outside and added in a little bit of intensity. It was a little more difficult that I thought it would be.
Run 5.6 miles 47 minutes HR 137
10 min easy warm up
6X1 min hard 3 min easy
Finish up with easy for the duration of the workout.

Bike on Computrainer
1:30 ~ 30 miles 134 watts HR 123
I road the "staffordshire_stroll_UK course" 1 loop plus a little more. A lot of climbing in the beginning with only one really steep section of something like 13%. I don't really care for courses like that cuz I don't have the gearing on my bike for that at this time.

Oh, and speaking of gearing. I've gone about 2 weeks now with my new Q-Rings. I didn't mention them before cuz I was a little shy about them but they seem to be working OK. My first ride on them was an outdoor ride and honestly I didn't really notice anything different about them. After a few rides on the Computrainer I noticed that at the top of the pedal stroke I seemed to be a little behind on the pedal speed. I'm used to them now but I would like to wait another couple weeks before I go messing around with the ring positions. I'm thinking that position #4 would be better for me cuz it would advance the gearing just a little bit.

I got the Q-Rings seperately off of Ebay, the big one from Korea and the little one from Chicago or something. It was a quite a while untill I got the price I wanted but hopefully it was worth it. I decided to get a 53 big ring and change down from my 55 since I'm not strong enough to pull a 55 and cuz Rotor doesn't make a 55, they only go up to a 54. My small ring is a 40 and was the smallest I could get. At first I was a little bit concerned about not getting a 39 but I should be OK, I don't really do a lot of climbing except for the TTT. I'll write more later about them when I have more experience and a better opinion.

No comments: