Monday, February 21, 2005

spin workouts around and around

Sunday's plans went awry when I decided to sleep in and put my run off untill later in the day...Big mistake. Well, I didn't get the run in but I did have a very productive day otherwise.



I worked as a timer for our club's swim meet that was held at Brighton High school. That was pretty fun, talking with friends, watching some amazing swimmers as well as many average ones. When I got up I found about 2 inches on snow on the ground, Sunday morning so not many plow trucks, and had a 35 mile drive to Brighton. Not too bad really but I hadn't eaten anything yet since I was out of milk and couldn't have a couple bowls of cereal. So I get to the High School earlier than expected and figured that I had some time to eat if only I could find a resturant. I found this nice little greek resturant and poitely imformed the waitress that I was "Pressed for time" and bang I had scrambled eggs, hash browns and toast in front of me in about 3 minutes. I scarfed down the food, paid for the meal, left a $2 tip for a $4 meal and made it back in time for the timers meeting. So everything went quite well.



After the meet there was a long drive to get Justin from his mom's house and then up in time for his hockey game.



As you can see there was no time for a run since I hadn't eaten since 11am and that was just pizza. So instead of trying to get home and rush through a workout I gave up and we just went out to dinner and ate something sensible.



Now the spin part, since this is an easy week anyway, I was going to take monday off, so I just said sunday was monday and monday was sunday and did my run day today. I was also going to swim today but the pool was closed so today's swim gets moved to tomorrow and tomorrows bike gets moved to today. Confused yet? For logging purposes, I logged today's run miles for last week, tommorow's bike for today and today's swim for tomorrow. Now I'm confused!!!

No comments: