Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Finish to the workout spins

Ok, after today I get back to the regular week's training schedule, still this is a down week so the running volume will be reduced but not the swimming. In fact, swim volume will increase this week but the intensity will drop a bit so I can get some time for recovery. I've allready started out the week with a bike ride and plan on two more sessions of about 30 minutes this week to get rolling back into the biking.


Today's swim was 4000yds, 1:24:00 A little more difficult for me than I though it would be, during the first 10 100's I didn't think that I would be able to hold the pace for the entire workout and then when I was near the 15th 100 I starting comming in on 1:38, go figure? I finished strong though and got a good feeling of riding the wave in front of me, maybe in a month or so I can drop 5 seconds off of that time.

500 easy swim warm up (about 9:10)

30X100 on 1:55 (comming in at 1:40)
500 easy cool down with pull bouy (about 9:50)



After the swim I went for an easy 4 mile run, 33:54 (8:29), HR 151. I got pretty tired about half way through the run and ate a gel so I wouldn't bonk and within 5 minutes I was feeling strong again.

No comments: