Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Monday and Tuesday

Monday I cut my swim short, mainly cuz I didn't feel like swimming that day. I got about 1000 yds in and called it a day. Not tired or anything, just not in the mood. Thinking of swimming a straight 3500 on wednesday or maybe 7X500 @ 8:50's to shake up the training a little. I really like swimming long sets, all of the 100's and 200's are good for speed and technique but I still have to enjoy the training too.


Tuesday's run was outside again on Hines drive. The weather channel said 48 but it felt more like 38. Hines was flooded at Middlebelt so I had to turn around and run west from there. It started to rain slightly as I got to the 7 mile mark so I turned around and headed home. Total distance of 9 miles in 1:19:41, HR was 155, a little high but he PE was normal so I went with it cuz it was an 8:51 pace which has been normal for me lately.



I got another pair of shoes today to start working with. Asics DS Trainer X's - I plan to use them for racing since they are much lighter than my Kayano X's. I'll start running in them for a little speedwork to break them in and to see how they will work for me. I still plan to do most of my runs in the Kayano's to save my feet and knees but I'm going to try everything that I feel may help my run times this year. I'll have more to say about them in a few days.

No comments: