Monday, December 31, 2007

Training Thoughts

With one more week of prep to go I'm feeling good about starting a new cycle.

Last week went OK but the Holidays screwed up the beginning an I felt like I was catching up all week. I met my goals for the week with:
4 swims, 14000 meters in 4:40. A little more distance than I really planned but the 500's went pretty fast during the week.

4 bike rides between spin class and the trainer. Exactly what I expected for the week with 4:10 of riding at varying intensities

6 runs between the treadmill and the road. The weather didn't cooperate every day so I had to cut some runs short and do some on the treadmill instead of outside but I got my 30 miles in 4:22.

January will see more biking while reducing swimming slightly since I seem to be spending a disproportionate amount of time in the water compared to the other 2 sports. I would like to be 5 to 6 hours per week on the bike, about 4.5 hours of running and near 4 hours of swimming.

I'm not really sure if I can (or want to) commit 14 hours a week right now but I'll set the bar at the higher point right now since I've been pretty consistent in my prep. With any luck it will be warm enough for me to get the bike on the road once in a while and continue running on Hines drive consistently.

No comments: