Sunday, December 23, 2007

Training Thoughts

A pretty decent week with:
4 swims @ 14000 yards
4 bike rides between spin class and trainer @ 72 miles
5 run @ 25 miles
Just over 12 hours of training

So the frequency has been fairly consistant and now it's time to bump up the running miles and bike intensity.

Shooting for 30 miles on the run this week, no particular intensity just junk miles and whatever I feel is fun.

I want to stick with about 4 hours of cycling if it's all done indoors but I want a little more intensity at home. If I get on the road I'll just go however I feel.

I discussed my swimming goals with a friend from my club (Drew), I want to swim the best that I can in the 1650 at Michigan Masters State meet in April and he suggested longer sets for a while, specifically a bunch of 500's at varying intensity. I think I've exhausted my benefits from my 200's and the new stress is in order. Now my swims might be a little bit long for a while but hopefully my long stuff will get better as I'm not really concerned with any shorter than 500 yards.

My 1650 PR is 24:15 and my 1000 PR is 14:33 so I figure my harder days I will need to be bringing in my 500 meter* sets near 8 minutes with the appropriate amount of rests to do the repeats with enough intensity. I think it is realistic for me to drop my 1650 time to the low 23's and my 1000 time to the high 13's.

*(I nomally swim my workouts SCM and compete SCY)

No comments: