Friday, April 10, 2009

Thursday Run Bike Run

Run 5K out to my turnaround on Hines.
25:56 easy running to get warmed up. It appeared that I didn't have any speed anyway.

Bike 23 miles 1:11:xx on Hines drive.
4X10 min @ FTP 4 min rests (222, 223, 204, 206) plus warm up and cool down. The second two I had some fairly long downhills that made it difficult to keep the power high since I don't really have enough gear to do so. I felt fairly strong for the whole ride though.

Shawn came up behind me on one of the intervals and surprised me, when I finished the interval I rode back and talked with him, Roman, and Jay during the rest period.

Run 6.4 miles in 52:39, moderate on the way out and MP on the way back. I saw Karen with about 1 mile to go so I stopped and talked for a minute.

The second run was unusual in that I didn't run fast cuz my legs were physically tired and I didn't have the strength to turn them over faster. Usually I have an overall tiredness or lack of energy that prevents me from going faster.

No comments: