Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tuesday - Dave's Track Workout

I've been doing these for about 4 weeks now and I don't know if I am any faster.  I'm getting better at pacing for the workouts though.

Looking at data from 4 weeks ago I noticed that I'm now running 5 to 7 seconds faster per mile.  I really think that is from learning the pacing and not from a gain in fitness.  Last week I ran about 24 miles, this week I'll probably be closer to 30 miles now that I'm feeling recovered from IM Wisconsin.  

So last night I had about a 10 minute warm up and then 8X600m trying to stay under 7:00 min/mile with 200m recovery followed by a 10 minute cool down
Times were:
2:37 started easier
2:31 too fast
2:32 too fast
2:36 better
2:36
2:35
2:32 finishing up trying to stay with Jon
2:27 Just about everything I had

The new shoes I've been doing my junk miles in aren't doing so well but the jury is still out on them sinceI only have about 40 miles on them so far.  I got a pair of Mizuno Wave Precision 8's.  I biggest difference between them and my Wave Riders is that the forefoot has less cushioning while the heel area seems to be about the same.  That big heel seems to create a void under the arch of my foot that I don't like.  The shoes are about the same weight as my Asics DS Trainers that have a more "Balanced" feel to them.  The only thing I don't like about the DS Trainers is the heel section doesn't allways agree with the skin on my heel.

No comments: