Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A bit of a rocky weekend

Friday
Swim with LALA 3000 yards with some stroke work but I got it all in

Saturday
Swim with FAST 4000 yards...Stroke and drill work too but one again, we got it all in.

Bike at Holley Rec area on Gruber's Grinder
15.5 miles in about 1:45
Very difficult trail to ride. Sometimes hard to follow cuz of the leaves. Sometimes very difficult physically with steep climbs and technically with odd turns, obstacles, rocks, roots and trees.

Overall this is probably the most technically difficult trails I've been on. I put it on par with Highland Rec area's trail. I fell pretty hard about 10 miles into the ride.I was making a quick sweeping left and my front tire ran over a small branch and slid away from me. It dropped me down on my left elbow which in turn jammed my shoulder. About 10 minutes later I did it again. At first I thought I broke my collarbone but I was OK, the second time I was really felt that something was broke, but again I was OK. I rode easier for the rest of the ride.

Since I had the shoulder issue I decided to take Sunday and Monday off so no running or swimming but Sunday morning I did go canoeing with Karen and friends and I felt OK. That little trip was a lot of fun.

Tuesday I was still a bit sore but feeling much better and since this is the off season I decided not to do the track workout and rest. I'm going to try and swim on Wednesday and see how I feel.

No comments: