Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tuesday lunch run

OK, I've never had an issue running during lunch. Most of my run is on either a paved trail or a sidewalk. When I come to a driveway I look to make sure it's safe. If there is a car comming they are more than polite to me just about every time. People will go so far as to back up and let me pass.

There is about 1.5 miles where I have to run on the side of the road and again people are very curtious to me.

Now today everything was going just fine, drivers were cool, my run was safe. Then as I'm running across a driveway on a sidewalk, this guy comes flying into the driveway as I'm most of the way through it. He lays on the horn so I let the bird fly about 15 feet in front of him. Of course he is pissed since I made him 5 seconds late to the Asian Buffet and he's going to let me know about it. I see him pull next to the sidewalk so I go over to have a conversation with him.

He says "You're going to cause an accident" and "You don't have the right of way." Umm, I'm on a sidewalk wearing a bright red shirt on a sunny day, (pretty hard to miss if you ask me) and yes, I have the right of way, pedestrians allways do and it's not like I didn't even look cuz I know it's a dangerous place and I'm more cautious in that area. So I explain that to him in a way that I'm not so proud of. I start to run away and he calls me back saying "Hey kid, I wasn't done," Umm, I've got a 17 year old son, I'm not a kid, that pissed me off so I told him to get on a stairmaster and (you know what) off. I ran back to work and started working on the Heater Core Calorimeter again without missing a beat.

Well, with that said:
6.5 miles 42:40 HR 141 Hilly run

No comments: