Monday, October 31, 2005

Late Saturday and Sunday

Saturday evening

Run 3 miles 24:10 HR 153.



HR was really low, I don't know why, but I was very relaxed. I ran at ballys track and didn't realize that they closed at 7pm and ran out of time. I really planned on running for 1 hour. I got some good quality stretching in.



Sunday

Run 10 miles 1:24:20 HR 153, about 60 degrees outside, I ran my normal Hines drive route.



I did all of my running in my DS Trainers this week including the long run. My feet and legs feel good and I'm debating on continuing to run in them or go back to my Kayano's for a while. 2 things happen when I run in the DS Trainers vs. the Kayano's. My turnover is higher and I don't heelstrike as much. The shoes are slightly lighter with a lot of the weight savings from the smaller sole so it's easier for me to lift my feet. Since the heel is smaller it doesn't hit the ground like the Kayano's do, instead I strike outside-midfoot and roll off in a very smooth motion. I'm not sure if the change in cushioning is going to be a problem, it was last summer and will probably still be while running outside on asphalt or concrete.

Since the track at Bally's is rubber I don't need as much cushioning and I feel that working on turnover is a better option right now.

No comments: