Monday, October 17, 2005

Sunday

Run 9.3 miles 1:28:38 HR 151



I wanted to run some trails so I looked up Maybury State park on the web, found a map and drove out there. I had a difficult time finding the trail head and when I did find the trail, it didn't look right for me. Instead of running that trail I decided to drive out to Island Lake and run the Blue Loop.



I've never ran the blue loop before but I knew it was about 3 miles longer than the yellow loop which I have run several times. It is advertised at 9.3 miles but I would have to say it was closer to 9.8 miles or I was running 10:30's for my first 5 miles. The pace I set was fairly easy, feeling near a 9:00 pace with a HR that seemed ballpark.



It was fairly flat with some occasional ups and downs, not much sand and protected from the wind. There was a spot where all you could see was a few hundred pine trees and the trail wound in and around them, it was pretty fun going through there. I wish I had my camera with me. Maybe I'll run it next week and bring the camera along to show everyone.



It was a nice change from running on Hines Drive and Ballys. There were several Mountain-Bikers out there and they were very courtious. I even saw Matt J. from my club out on his bike. I'm going to have to get out there on my Mountain Bike sometime soom.

No comments: