Monday, June 23, 2008

Training Thoughts

I've gotten my key workouts in lately but not all of the extra stuff in. They key workouts have left me very tired and I feel a change is in order.

My strengths
Swim...So much better than last year, 2 to 3 minutes better in Oly distace races
Bike...Stronger than last year, FT is up to 215 right now, that is where I hoped to be in August and there is still room for improvement.

My weakness
Run...Still the same speeds as last year but I'm probaby 6 weeks ahead right now.

My changes
Swim...No change, still staying with 4 swims of varying intensities per week.

Bike...Easier on tuesday for quicker recovery, I don't need the Tempo work right now on that day. Going to schedule longer speed intervals on thursday or friday. Keep weekend riding the same.

Run...More consistant running and 35 to 40 miles per week. I feel that 6 weeks out of Steelhead is the right time to add some speedwork.
Tuesday will be backed down to M pace for the second loop of the brick instead of T pace.
Keep Wednesday long run the same.
Find time to fit 3 to 5 miles on thursday
Try to fit in a trail run on Saturday
Schedule track time on sunday starting with 5k of 800 meter intervals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what does FT of 215 mean as listed under strengths on the bike?
thanks..
would have asked on ST.. but, I would probably be banned for life!