Sunday, February 24, 2008

Training Thoughts 2/24

Goals I put up last week:

Swim Long Intervals...Normal training load
Run 45 to 50 miles...Doubles on Tuesday and Thursday
Bike 4 to 5 hours
Get 7 to 9 hours a sleep a night and a short nap on Saturday
Better food choices to drop another 1 pound

How I did:

Swim harder but not long intervals, I made a mistake and looked at the wrong week's training schedule. I finished with my normal distances.

Run 50 miles with the doubles on Tues and Thurs just as planned. Finished the week with a long run and the weather cooperated :)

Bike 4 hours of mixed intensity

Slept well all week with a nap on sunday between the bike and run.

Maintained weight but didn't seem to lose any despite my better food choices. I'll see what happens next week.

This week's goals:

Swim - normal training load with sets of 400 and 500
Bike - 4 to 5 hours of mixed intensities
Run - 50 miles adding 1 day of hill work or tempo
Keep rest up to stay healthy
Stop relying on Subway for lunch
Split workouts so I'm not bricking every day. Try to swim bike or run two times in the morning instead of the afternoon.

No comments: