Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Weekend training

I wound up taking the rest of saturday off and I probably needed it cuz I feel that I was on the edge of overtraining. Having that extra day off helped get my resting HR down.



Sunday Run 5.1 miles 41:50 HR 153, bike 2.5 hrs 52 miles HR 154, run 5 miles 42:00 HR 163. The heart rates were a bit high and I'm not sure if it was a monitor problem or the HR was really up there. I was pretty close to being wasted at the end so maybe it was a combination of both.



I have really eaten poorly last week and I feel that has a lot to do with my performance on sunday. I have my last race in 2 weeks so I'll be going hard for the first part of this week and then go to a 10 day taper. I'll use the same plan that I used for Muncie since that seemed to work well.

No comments: