Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Weekend disaster

Fell off of my bike on Saturday. It was about 1 mile into the ride, I got a tire stuck in a crack and dropped the bike on the side of the road. Luckily my fall was dampened by the grass and I didn't get scraped up too bad, just my right shoulder and my right knee. That should heal up fairly quick but the impact made my shoulder pretty sore.



The bike was damaged to the point that I couldn't ride it and had to walk home. I broke the rear derailleur hanger and twisted the chain. All I could think about was that I had to get to Bikesport before they closed to get it fixed since they were probably the only place around that would have the right parts. I had an important workout planned for sunday that I wanted to get done and I obviously needed the bike for it.



I cleaned myself up and got the bike fixed. Mike at Bikesport has allways been very friendly and has helped me with most of my bike maintenence needs. He found a hanger and had it fixed in no time.

No comments: