Sunday, November 08, 2009

Week ending 11/8/09

This week went mostly as planned and I've stuck to the schedule but added run on Thursday and went for a short bike ride today since it was so nice outside.

This weeks totals
Swim 14,000 yards in 4:45
Bike 20 miles in about 1:05
Run 38.65 miles in 5:23:46

I finshed out the week swimming strong despite my shoulders being sore from the stroke work on wednesday. Friday was hard and fast swimming against Fred T, that's what I think I need to get faster. 14,000 yards is more in line with my weekly goals for the month.

Running went well too, I added a short run on Thursday to get 6 days of running. By the time the long run came on Saturday I was pretty tired and it took about 4 miles to get warmed up. The hard swim on Saturday morning also probably had somthing to do with that. Now that I've got 6 weeks of easy running done I've laid out the prep work for some faster training. I'm starting to second guess my origion plan and do a 10K program instead...I'm just not sure of the direction to go in. I feel that mile-speed is what I need and not endurance, I can work on endurance in March and that will be too late to work on footspeed.

I've got one more day to over-analyze this :)

No comments: