Thursday, November 12, 2009

Midweek 11/11/09

1 good and 1 OK swim so far.

Monday was long sets of 400 which I like so much more than doing a bunch of 50's and 100's.

Wednesday was supposed to have a lot of stroke work in it but doing so hurts my shoulder sockets so I opted to do freestyle instead. I had my own lane and wasn't bothering anyone else :) When saturday comes around I'll know if it was the stroke work that hurt my shoulders last week for sure.

3 runs so far...I'm finally getting some faster work. Once again I'm doing Daniels Marathon A plan (verbatim).
Monday was a 6 mile run at an easy pace

Tuesday was about 7.5 miles with 3X4 min hard with 3 min easy between them + warm up and cool down. The last interval was the fastest one as I tend to feel better when warmed up. 2 miles of warm up wasn't enough, next time I do something like that I'll move up to 3 miles.

Wednesday's run was just junk miles like monday, 4 miles of easy running before I went to swim.

I've been struggling with my weight lately. Since I stopped racing I've gained a few lbs. In October I cut out a lot of candy and sweets, because of that I've stayed about even in weight. I cut some more calories in the last few weeks with poor results so I decided to take my own advise and write down everything I eat in a spreadsheet and then assign calories to it.

Here it is.

What I noticed is that I eat a lot of Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches and chips. I want to know exactly how much I eat and of what so I can make better choices and get my weight down. I also added a section of what exercise I've done that day to help figure out how many calories I need. Hopefully this will make me more responsible for what I eat.

No comments: