Thursday, July 22, 2004

Wednesday's long run

2 hr run, 12 miles. Really hot!!! Almost 90 degrees. Started out easy and HR went up to mid 150's early so I went with it keeping the same PE. Kept the HR there and the pace started to slow so I picked up the pace to average 10 min/mile for the whole run. Average HR was 156 bpm, not as high as I expected. Got home and didn't have time to cook dinner to I went to Taco Bell.

Next weeks run will be 2:15:00 and I will run to HR instead of pace or PE, well, maybe PE. It should be 13.5 to 14 miles. I might ride with Roman tonight, don't know how his pacing is but I think it will be fast. Forgot my swim bag this morning so I'll go home to get it at lunch time, just a .5 hr swim today.

Oh, I allmost forgot, my knees are feeling much better. I didn't have the pain on the outside of my right knee like I normally do at the end of my long run plus my left knee is not sore like normal. I read that during the footstrike that you should land on the outside mid-foot then roll to your ball of your foot then to the toes. I worked on that instead of just landing mid-foot and it works much better. The ice is helping too.

1 comment:

Robert Evans said...

I'm working on my foot strike as well. That and my turn over.

BTW, Taco Hell? For heavens sake man! ;-)