Wednesday, July 14, 2004

First day with Blog

My first day with the blog and I have so much to write but I'm not cuz it would take a month to complete, so here is a short version.
To date this is what I have done.
Last year, my first, 3 sprint tri's, 1 oly.

This year, my sophomore season, train, train, train, 1 oly (Seahorse), 1 Half IM (Eagleman), 1 race slightly shorter than an oly (Big Fish)

I have taken over my own training schedule about 4 weeks ago and have learned so much about scheduling in that time that I have become more serious about what I do. This is an easy week so there will be no exciting news, that will come in the next couple of months.

Today is my long run for the week, 1 1/2 hrs, should be 9 to 10 miles.

2 comments:

Robert Evans said...

I'd be interested to hear what you've learned about schedule creation. Got a list of dos and don'ts?

jaretj said...

Response to comment: I have been going through the book "Going Long" and found how to schedule the periods of training and what each period should contain. Using the weekly time allocation charts I schedule each type of sport specific training throughout the weeks. Workouts have been from my swim club, old coach, books, the web and personal experience. I have a Excel file that has helped out a lot but it is basicly for IM training. If you would like it send me an email at jaretcj@yahoo.com - jaretj