Sunday, July 25, 2004

A good long weekend of training

It starts on friday with 4 miles of running speed work. 1 mile warm up, 1 mile cool down and 8X400m supposed to be on 2:00 and 1:50 but I ran too fast and wound up with a bunch of 1:50s and 1:45s. Hard workout but it was over quick.

Saturday starts with a medium distance swim at Spring Mill Pond with Norm and Rhonda. 5 laps, 1.5 miles, then 102 miles on the bike in about 5:40:00 and followed by a 2 mile run. Ronda kept me company on the ride, it was a long day. That was my first 100-miler and I wanted to know what it felt like to run afterwards. I really felt pretty good, surprising!!!

Sunday I rode with Downriver Cycling Club, 34 easy miles followed by a 4 mile run. Kind of tired on the run so it was cut short from 5 miles. Went to dinner at dad's house afterwards and worked on his computer.

No comments: