Sunday, July 18, 2004

Race Day

Forgot to log yesterday's ride in. 2 hrs, 39 miles. Road on Diane's Spinergys, they were kind of spongy sprinting up 5 mile hill and the wind blew me around a bit, but overall they were nice riding wheels.

Race day today, Clark Lake Triathlon. Got there early, got a good transition spot, had a decent swim, good bike and good run (for me). 800meter swim, 14mile bike, 4 mile run, 1:29:50. Not too bad, ran well off the bike and started to feel really good at the 2 mile mark. The running is getting better, knee doesn't feel sore at all. I was going to ride the spinergys today but decided to ride my normal race wheels cuz I thought it was going to be hillier.

Tomorrow is a rest day, I will probably do some really easy drills in the pool and then up to 13 hrs for the week. 3 hard weeks in front of me before another break and race. I have to make sure my knee gets stronger.

No comments: