Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sunday Run Bike Run - 2nd try

After bonking on my last attempt of Gordo's HIM sim I tried it again.

45 min run 5.3 miles HR 134

2:30 bike 47.4 miles HR 132 (30 min ~155 watts, 20 min ~175 watts, 30 min~155 watts, 20 min~175 watts, 30 min~155 watts, 10 min ~180 watts, 10 min cool down)

45 min run 5.6 miles HR 144

Felt pretty good for the whole thing but I wasn't sure what to expect for the second run. I ran 23 min out steady and did my best to come back in 22 min. I was able to and was quite comfortable doing so.

I changed my nutrition since the last time I did this. I have been using using Infinit's "Heat Mix" for the last 2 weeks with very good results. I had used that formula at a race a few years ago and I remembered that it was easy to drink and settled my stomach so I wanted to give it a try again.

The formula has a little over 200 calories per 20 oz of drink and I've found that I'm not using as much GU as before. Yesterday 1 drank 3 bottles and ate 1 GU in 3.5 hours on the bike. Today I drank 2 bottles on the bike with 1 GU in 2.5 hours, 1 GU after the first run and before the second run. I also drank about half a bottle before the second run and didn't have any sloshing around in my stomach.. I carried to GU's on the second run in case I bonked but I was well fueled and didn't need them.

That was a little confusing, I'll try again this way.

45 min run
1 GU
2.5 hr bike 2 bottle Infinit + 1 GU
1GU + 1/2 bottle Infinit
45 min run
finished the drink I had left over after the run

I also used my race wheels today to get some time on them. The same rear wheel as last year and a new Jet 60 front for this year. I got some aftermarket stickers that I think look cool.





No comments: