Saturday, May 02, 2009

Saturday - Long(er) bike day

Swim in the morning at the Rec center. The pool was shut down for 10 days for maint and cleaning, when it opened last thursday they claimed the temp as 62 deg. I waited a few days and swam with LALA again yesterday cuz I was worried about the temp. This morning the temp was 77 deg F, just perfect as far as I'm concerned.

1500 yards in about 30 min, I was tired and didn't feel like swimming.

Bike at Island Lake, 70 miles in 3:34.
I planned on going out a bit on the easy side and then build from there looking for about 3.5 hours, I figured it would be about 5 laps.

Started out conservative and built each lap and felt really strong on the last one. Lots of small hills, targeted 160-170 watts for most of the ride, tried not to go over 250 watts on the hills but occasionally did.

Good ride, I'm happy with the session.

No comments: