Sunday, April 05, 2020

Week ending 4/5/20

I found that the two races I was interested in have been moved to the end of the season.  That was no surprise.

USAT Cross Championships are the weekend of September 13
Xterra Oak Mountain is the weekend of August 30.

Since Xterra Utah is the weekend of 9/19 it makes doing USAT Cross Champs difficult.  I don't plan on advancing past those races even if I qualified for Maui or ITU Cross Champs so I might just kill both of them.  I don't know how much vacation I'll have left anyway.

I might find some local races and prep for USAT Long Course Nationals instead.

On to rambling about my week.

Cycling and Running have gone quite well.

I rode 4 times this week, twice on Zwift, once on my Mountain Bike and once on my road bike.  157 miles in a little over 9 hours.  Zwift was easy riding on Tuesday and Wednesday, I did two laps of Island Lake on Thursday, one by myself and one with a training partner.  Saturday I road 70 miles on Hines with some long Zone 3 intervals and short Zone 4 intervals.  All of the rides I felt good.

5 runs for 31 miles with some high Zone 3 intervals on Tuesday and a long run today.  I thought I'd be tired for today's run after that longer ride yesterday but I felt well and ran stronger than I'd thought.  Still holding around 30 miles a week so I don't wear myself out, this is the 3rd week of it and will be backing off a bit next week, thinking of 15-20 miles.  After that I'm going for another 3 week block.  I normally do two week blocks but changing it around this year.

This next block will end where I would have been tapering for Cross Nationals.  I'll evaluate where I'm at then.

Hopefully I'll be back in the pool in May but we'll see what happens.

No comments: