Sunday, April 26, 2020

Week ending 4/26/20

More of what I expected.  13.5 hours of training.

Swim
Still nothing :P

Bike
4 rides plus a multi-segment brick.  Tuesday and Saturday on the mountain bike at Island Lake, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday on Zwift.  There were no intervals on the bike this week but rode fairly strong on Tuesday in the cold, cold weather, Saturday for one lap of Island lake and Sunday on the four 13 min segments of the brick.  All other riding was Zone 2.

Run
5 run days, it would have been 6 but I skipped Tuesday because I was cold from riding, plus it was windy and snowing.  Wednesday was 4X6(3) Zone 3, Friday was long and Sunday was four 10 min segment of the brick.  All other running was Zone 2.

Brick
Nearly the same as last week but four times through

Bike 30 minute warm up
4X
     Run 7 min Zone 3 / 3 min Zone 1
     Bike 10 min Zone 3 / 3 min Zone 1

Bike 5 min cool down

Observations:
I increased the bike warm up to 30 min and felt much better.
I ran the same route as last week.
I ran about the same pace on each run but the last one was a little faster.  The runs were a little faster than last week.
Riding in Zone 3 was easier this week.  I use the Zwift Yorkshire short loop (Queen's Highway).
Doing same brick next Sunday.

I'm still under 144 lbs. Sometimes under 143 :)

No comments: