Monday, April 20, 2020

Week ending 4/19/20

While more difficult than last week I still only worked out for 10.5 hours

Swim...nadda

Bike
4 rides plus a brick. 1 outdoor ride and the rest were indoor; the weather didn't cooperate with my tolerance levels :)  I made all my intervals with no issues and rode the planned time.  Unlike other weeks I didn't do over.

Run
4 runs plus a brick.  I missed one short run because of rain, I don't want to get sick and I don't have a race coming up.  I'm feeling much better on every run, instead of struggling with pace and motivation I find myself holding back a little bit to stay at my planned effort levels.

Brick
This was unusual for me but since it's in the book (80/20 Triathlon) I just did it.
I rode on the bike trainer on the Zwift Tempus Fugit (flat) and ran outside from home.

Bike 15 minute warm up
3X
     Run 7 min Zone 3 / 3 min Zone 1
     Bike 10 min Zone 3 / 3 min Zone 1

Bike 5 min cool down

Observations:
I still need more warm up, 30 min would be better.
To make the run timing easier I ran out 5 min then turned around and finished 1 mile in Zone 3.  After than I ran easier back home to finish out the 10 min.
I ran progressively faster on each run because I felt better.
It took a few min to get going on the bike, while it was mentally difficult to ride in zone 3 I was able to do it.
Most of my transitions were under 2 min.

I do the same brick next Sunday only 4 times through.

Edit:  I almost forgot, this is the first day I've weighed in under 144 lbs :)

No comments: