Sunday, May 03, 2020

Week ending 5/3/20

Another good week 14.5 hours of Bike/Run

Last of 3 harder weeks.  I was supposed to do USAT Cross Nationals in two weeks and I trained as if I was racing but it was moved to September 13th, now I'm not sure of what I'm going to do for racing.

In the next few weeks I'll probably know if later season races are going to happen and I'll make a decision then.  For now, I'm approaching 20 weeks of training and I need to plan a break.  From what I wrote back on January 3rd I'm near my limit on absorbing training and will need 2 weeks of easy/unstructured training and will then get back to a regular schedule.  That schedule will either be a HIM or another Olympic plan with Mountain biking built into it.

Swim
Nothing again and probably won't until the end of May.

Bike
4 rides plus the multi segment brick again.  157 miles for 10 hours 20 minutes.
Tuesday Mountain bike at Maybury 3 loops, 2 moderate and 1 easy.
Wednesday short zone 3 intervals on Hines drive
Friday easy ride on Hines drive
Saturday Mountain bike Island Lake 3 loops 2 quick and 1 easy.
Sunday Zone 3 riding on Hines drive as a multi segment brick.

Run
5 days of running plus the multi segment brick. 30 miles for 4 hours 13 minutes.
Monday 30' easy
Tuesday 50' easy
Wednesday 40' easy
Thursday 1:35 easy
Sunday Zone 3 running on Hines drive as a multi segment brick.

Brick
Nearly the same as last week, just a little longer cool down.

Bike 30 minute warm up
4X
     Run 7 min Zone 3 / 3 min Zone 1
     Bike 10 min Zone 3 / 3 min Zone 1

Bike 20 min cool down

Observations:
I rode on Hines drive, starting at Nankin Mills and turning around at Middlebelt Rd instead of on Zwift.  The sections were slightly longer than 13 min.
I kept the bike warm up at 30 min.
I rode a bit harder this week, I targeted just below 200 watts (3.1 W/Kg) which is the very top of Zone 3
I ran from Nankin Mills east 5 min out and 5 min back.  I ran hard for the first mile then backed it down.
I ran a little quicker than last week, something I wasn't sure would go well.

Overall I'm pretty happy since I rode and ran faster than last week.

Losing the extra weight has really helped my run, I'm under 143 lbs now

No comments: