Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday

Run with Dave's group again but at Farmington Harrison High School.  

This speed stuff is hard and I'm not used to it.  They have said it will take 4 to 6 weeks to notice any difference, I sure hope so.  Now that I feel recovered from IMMoo I'm going to start getting back to 5 shorter runs per week but still no structured plans for a while, just Dave's workout on Tuesdays will have any thought to them.

Anywho the workout went as follows, he said to run these at my 5K pace which would be near 7 min/mile.

Warm up ~1 mile, I got there late and didn't get in as much as I wanted to.
3 times through:
400M - 200M recovery
600M - 200M recovery
800M - 400M recovery
1 mile cool down

This was just over 6.5 miles.  I started a little harder than I should have, 6:30 to 6:45 for the first set then settled into 7:00 for the next two.  I could not have done another set as I had a side stitch that was killing me.  I walked a little bit afterwards then got in my cool down after a few minutes.

No comments: