Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week ending 1/15/2012

Right leg is feeling better, I ran 6 days this week, just a little bit of pain. Ran 6 miles twice this week and ~4 miles every other day. I'm going to put a little speed in the comming wednesday.

Biking is going good, rode outside on tuesday but had to ride the trainer on thursday and saturday.

Swimming went very good this week. Swam strong on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Swam short on Saturday and swam a swim meet on Sunday.

A few new personal best times during this meet.

1000 free 13:41 which is 20 seconds faster than before. This was the first swim of the day so I was pretty fresh for it. I actually negative split the swim with a 6:52 then a 6:49.

200 free 2:26.X I wasn't going to swim this but Karen made me feel guilty about skipping it to stay fresh for the 500. Maddie said I would swim 2:25 but I let her down :( I can remember seen a 1:12.x for the first 100 so the second must have been a 1:13.x

100 free was a 1:06.4 I had a decent start and swam strong. I was actually surprised to see that.

The other race was the 500 free 6:46 which was 3 seconds off of my best. I really wanted to beat by pace from the 1000 and this was the last race of the day. I was kind of tired from swimming the 200 free and in the 4X100 relay back to back but did well anyway.

No comments: