Saturday, February 04, 2006

A peak into another world

This has nothing to do with training.



My neighbor that lives right next to me (I live in an apartment) had some friends over last night and they were kind of loud. I was up late cuz Justin has a late practice but was ready to go to bed but the music was still loud. I went next door and asked them to turn it down and little and she was very apologetic and turned it down immediatly. She has allways been a nice neighbor so I didn't feel uncomfortable at all going over there.



Well, about 30 min later I hear this very soft knock on the door and she was there inviting me over to have a drink with her and her friends while still apologizing for the noise. She wouldn't take no for an answer so I went over to meet everyone. They were all nice, 3 younger guys about 25 yrs old, 1 older guy near my age and the 2 ladies both about 25. We all talked a bit, 2 of the guys left and we talked some more. My neighbor, of whome is very pretty, decided to show me her easy rider pictures and her Playboy application pictures and some others. Not wanting to be rude, but still uncomfortable, I made some nice comments about them and moved on back to the kitchen/living room where everyone else was. Well, they were all pretty lit-up and offered me some drinks and then something to smoke. Of course I declined and they were cool with that and held up for a while. After being there for about 30 minutes I decided to go back home from my friendly visit after they started lighting up.



This started to make me think about what kind of lifestyle they were living and how long they were going to do it. Were they going to get past this drug phase or get into trouble because of it. She has a young daughter that wasn't there that night and maybe they were responsible people and let loose while the little one was with her dad that night. I haven't know her to be a trouble maker and she is allways the sweetest person when I see her but I sincerely hope that she grows out of this phase and straightens up.



What would have happened if I chose that route? Having a son at 21 years old I could have really screwed him up had I started smoking dope. I know that I would have gone too far and probably lost him. Foutunetly I didn't choose to do that and today I can still claim that I have never smoked or taken anything or have ever even been drunk. I've had 5 beers in my lifetime, I can recall what each one was and where I hade it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I guess you don't want to go meet the guys at the bar for a drink? :-)