Saturday, November 27, 2004

Week ending 11-27

Still a slow week, last saturday (11-20) I cut my swim short due to a meeting I had to be at early in the morning. Sunday I took the day off.



Monday had some strength training and I ran my warmup in an older pair of shoes to see how they felt, I'm starting to look at different shoes to buy and wanted to remember the feeling of the old ones. Running clockwise on the indoor track at the health club kind of tweaked my knee a bit so I decided to rest it for a week.



Friday morning I played hockey again, I felt good but realized that I just don't try hard enough when I skate. I'm going to have to make a decision weather to make a commitment to skating this winter or not. I'm not really enjoying it that much but that might change as I get back into it. I feel that it is working on my anerobic system, something that I haven't worked on in a while, and I think I need that type of workout once a week.



Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday were good swim days for me. I concentrated on bi-lateral breathing throughout the week reguardless of speed. As it turned out, it is faster for me. I had allways thought that getting less air would worse for my speed but it kind of had the opposite effect. I was swimming faster with less energy expended, so really, it was easier. I moved up to lane 4 in my Masters workout today and swam the whole workout with Bi-lateral breathing. Today's workout was:



600 yds warm up (200S,200K,200S)

1000yds 4X250@4:00 pull (supposed to be 4X225@4:00 but we goofed it up)

600 yds 4X150@3:00 (middle 50 non-free)

400 yds 4X100 kick

450 yds 6X75@1:15

400 yds 8X50@2:00 (25 free, 25 non-free)

250 yds cool down.



Felt really good today and swam in the middle of the group. Probably going to ride the trainer for a little while later today and maybe try to run a couple of miles tomorrow and see how my knee feels.

No comments: