Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Post IM Training

The week after IM Florida I have taken it real easy. I had the whole week off of work and got a lot of rest. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I slept for about 16 hrs a day,(seriously) Thursday I got about 12 and then I went down to about 10 for the weekend. I swam for about 20 min on wed and thurs, 35 min on saturday. I played hockey sat night for an hour and was very wobbly on my skates although I was very strong, it is going to take a few skates to get my balance back.



This week I decided to ease slowly back into training following an eight hour plan and deleting any day I didn't feel like training. So far this week I did some strength training on monday, 3 sets of 20 to 25 reps, very light weight on the 7 exercises that the Training Bible suggests, tuesday I swam 2700 yds for about an hour and then ran 3 easy miles. Today is supposed to be strength training again but I think I'm going to skip it. Thursday has a swim and short run, friday has a short bike ride or pick-up hockey, saturday has a swim with my masters group (FAST) and sunday has another short ride.



According to my calculations, I have 8 weeks to screw around before I start my next training cycle. In this time I am going to train for fun and to keep busy, not to increase fitness or speed.



Next years main goals are to get faster in all three disciplines. I am not planning on an Ironman next year. My 2 A races will be Half IM's, tentatively they are the Muncie Endurathon and the Deer Creek Pineman, both are on my local club race list. Goals for the Half IM's are the following: 32:00 for the swim, 2:40:00 for the bike and 1:45:00 for the run, total under 5 hrs. The rest of the races will be Olympics and Sprints that are on my club schedule with a total of no more than 9 races. Olympic goals will be 24:00 for the swim, bike 1:06:00 and run 45:00 total of 2:20:00. I might elist the help of a coach for the training period between the two halfs.

No comments: