Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Wednesday's long run

I delayed my swim untill thursday cuz I've had trouble in the beginning of my long runs.

Run 14.2 miles 1:58:xx HR 142
Interesting run, I felt like crap for the first 3 miles then near mile 4 I hooked up with Jay S again who was out for an easier run. Turned around at Newburgh rd (4 miles in) and ran with Jay for a while, that really picked me up and got me feeling better. He turned around a few miles later and I felt like a million bucks, I even had to watch the pace so I wouldn't go too fast.

I heard some thunder crackling behind me but the clouds didn't look that thick so I continued with my plan and ran out just past the toboggan hill (dead man's hill) and turned around for the 4 mile trip home. A light sprinkle and gentle breeze kept me cool on the way, at 1 mile to go the rain started comming down a little bit more but still very managable, as soon as I got under the carports by my place the rain really started comming down, allmost like someone held it back for me untill I was finished :)

So a little interesting run, the trend of feeling better in 3 to 4 miles continues although I don't know why. Just another day to go and it's a 3 day weekend :)

No comments: