Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A post from last June that I decided not to put on Slowtwitch but felt it was important for me to remember

I've had this saved in a note pad for a while, I thought it was an important point:

At Rev3 Rush I was the 3rd fastest runner in my AG and that showed in the first 2 races where we were kind of figuring out who could do what.  One guy was hands down the fastest runner, the next guy was almost as fast and then there was me.  I was clearly the strongest biker.

In the third race those two guys came out of the water 10 sec in front of me, I caught them on the bike, (which wasn't easy) rested for a lap then drilled it for the next few laps.  Because of that I felt that I wore one of the guys out and was able to outrun him afterwards.

So yes, the fastest runner won the race but the third fastest runner got second because of his bike strength.  I really think it came down to the capacity to do work, while I appear to have a max speed that I can run at, it isn't affected as much by a hard bike ride as some others may be.

jaretj

No comments: