Tuesday, February 16, 2016

4 weeks into the second phase of running

My legs feel a lot better.

Again following the recommendation volume for the Daniels plan and I was at 44.6 miles last week for running,  I took Monday off and felt a lot better going into last week.  Tuesday I was ready for the bike and Wednesday I ran the intervals a little quicker.

I swam 11,800 yds last week in 4 swims where Monday was tough and the rest went well.

I got 6.5 hours on the bike last week with two 40 mile rides with 3X12'(3) intervals and a 51 mile ride done moderately. 

Overall I felt strong the whole week finishing with a straight, easy 2 hour run.

This week has started well, I took Monday off of running again, I could have run but I really wanted to know how I would feel today (Tuesday) after having another Monday off.  Swimming was OK, not where I hoped I'd be, but it's not bad either.

I'm going back to my regular rotation of bike intervals during the week starting with 8X5'(2).  I'm adding an extra minute of rest time in there mainly cuz I need to fill in the 40 miles and feel that the extra minute will allow me to perform and recover better.  I may do some SST on Thursday or stick with the 8X5', I'm not sure yet, it depends on how I feel.

The revised rotation is 4X10'(3), 3X15'(4) and 2X20'(5) where I've added a minute to the rest time on each set.

No comments: