Monday, January 13, 2014

Week ending 1/12/14

I hurt my elbow a few weeks ago while swimming.  We had a hard, fast pull set and I was working on EVF and somehow hurt my right elbow.  Pain is just above the joint on the outside.  It had gotten a little better but then after shoveling all that snow it seems to have gotten worse.  I'm choosing to take a week off of swimming to see how it feels.  If it gets better I'll probably give it a little while longer, if not, then I'll seek medical opinions.

Running is going well, I'm starting week 10 of my running plan and it's going well.  I'm not up to the volume I expected to be at but I reached 40 miles last week.  With some time off swimming that will probably increase a little bit.

I suppose it's time to get some consistent riding on the bike now.  Since I'll have 3 to 4 hours a week open from not swimming, I'm going to ride in its place.  Starting off easy for this week, then into some sweet spot intervals the following week.  I'll see how I feel and then decide on what I'll do.

No comments: