Thursday, January 23, 2014

Got a lot done last week

I got a lot of work done last week...training and at "real work"

On the bike 4 days last week and felt pretty good.  I've been riding a 25 mile course on my computrainer that I converted from a local ride.  It's pretty mild so I can choose my intensity but it has enough small ups and downs to keep it interesting.

I ran 40+ miles again last week and felt pretty good.  I'm through week 10 of my long distance plan and still feel good.  I've been reading 5K and 10K Training by Brian Clarke  and am getting the sense he has about having the right energy for doing certain workouts, it's an interesting view on running.  His book is for shorter distances which is what I'm going to work on right after Triple T so I'm going to take some of his ideas and apply them to my plans.

I finally got back into the water after 10 days off to let my elbow heal up.  I only swam 1500 yds, I could have swam more but I want to take it slightly easy until I know it's good.  Probably swim 1500 on friday then ~2500 of saturday if everything still feels right.  I'm not sure how I hurt my elbow but it was probably a combination of a few things...First I have been working on EVF (early vertical forearm).  We had a hard/fast set with paddles and I ripped them off pretty fast (for me).  While doing that I was concentrating on EVF and I think I just over-did it that day.  I swam for another 3 weeks to let it shake itself out but it never did.  During that time we had a lot of snowfall and I did a lot of shoveling too, that probably didn't help.

Anywho, it's a lot better now and I'm able to grip things without much pain so hopefully it will get much better in the next few weeks.

This week is going well so far.  On the bike twice and did my hard Wednesday workout so now it's just coasting to the weekend where I'll have a pretty hard run on Sunday.  I think it's something like a few miles of warm up then 2X10 min hard then an hour of easy.  I don't really want to go over two hours on that run.

No comments: