Monday, June 18, 2012

Maumee Bay Olympic distance Triathlon

Raced last weekend again and had a pretty good race.
Race went well 2:10:30 something, fastest I've ever gone in an Olympic Tri

Swim http://connect.garmin.com/activity/190009146
Swim went well, It was a wetsuit swim, I was surprisingly quick from the start, 22:3X.  Nobody wanted to line up in front so I did and got to clear water quickly.  Something about HFP races is that your time starts when you run over the timing mat so instead of 100 people getting on line and starting next to eachother it's spread out a little.  A weaker swimmer that wants to start in back isn't losing time by starting 30 seconds later and staying out of the scrum.  I think it makes for a safer swim.

Anywho, the swim was uneventful and was over quickly, mid 22's with a wetsuit seems normal for me so it was not exceptional in any way.

Bike http://connect.garmin.com/activity/190009153
Bike was completely flat and was a PR course, I was really trying to go under an hour but missed it by a little bit 1:00:50, might have tried a little too hard.  Power was a little high in the beginning and I had to dial it down a little.  There wasn't much wind at all, maybe 5 to 10 mph, so I was ~24 with the wind and 27 with the wind.  Flat courses tend to favor me and it appears that this one did.

Run http://connect.garmin.com/activity/190009165
Run was almost a carbon copy from the last race, I could be dissapointed but it was in the high 80's this time so about 15 degrees warmer than Deer Creek. Better/Same kind of hard to tell but I didn't leave anything out on the course. I was kind of winded from the start, sagged a little in the middle then picked it up. 45:11. A race PR on a tough training week I'm happy with.
Finished 9th overall and 2nd in AG about a minute behind first place. Competition was a little weak like Deer Creek but the Elite Masters didn't go much faster.

No comments: