Friday, May 25, 2012

The shoes that carried me through Triple T

I have a lot of shoes, most are the ladies model because I like a narrow shoe.  Here are the ones that carried through the winter and got me through Triple T.


Mizuno Wave Rider 14
I put a lot of miles on these shoes...Just under 700 according to my log.  They are my do all shoes, I can run easy, fast, tempo, intervals, indoor, outdoor, trails and just about everywhere else.  They are light enough to make my feet fast yet protect me from road shock.  While they are not a high performance shoe, they still can perform in a pinch.  The only reason I replaced them is because I was getting holes inside of them.



Asics Cumulus 13
I bought these to replace the Riders but really don't like them.  I had a pair before and they rolled well but for some reason these don't.  I've got about 200 miles in them and I'm going to relegate them to every day duty.  They are very good quality shoes, it's just the feel isn't quite right with them.


Saucony Fastwitch 4
These have been my go to shoe for fast running for quite some time now.  This particular pair only has about 100 miles on them but this is my 5th pair and I still like them.  They are suprisingly spongy but light and fast.  The pair before these I did all but one of my Xterra races in as well as Battle of Waterloo and a few road races.  They protect my feet from small debris and are fairly grippy but they don't do so well on small rocks.  The small rocks seem to poke through and hurt my feet so they don't work on gravel roads.  Single track trails and road running are just fine.



Saucony A4
These are fast shoes, very light and let air flow through them.  They work well for really fast training but I don't like to run much more than 6 miles in them unless I'm racing and that should be on some pretty good pavement.  I did my best 10K in them and did the prolouge at the Triple T in them.  I like them but the road has to be right for them.



Asics DS Racer
These are the only men's running shoes that I have, all of the others are ladies shoes cuz I like a narrower shoe.  These are fairly new shoes to me and I bought them strictly for Triple T.  The Fastwitch don't have enough protection in them for the rocky road but these do.  Like the Fastwitch and the A4 they have holes in the soles to let water out so my feet stay dryer.  They just don't feel as fast as the Fastwitch but are another great shoe.  I suppose the fact that I did my fastest run at the half at Triple T on them could make someone say otherwise but if I could have worn a different shoe I would have.  Maybe when I get some more miles in them I'll like them more, right now they will be my tuesday night brick shoe until I run them out.


Mizuno Wave Rider 15
Brand new today, I ran about 6 miles in them and they feel great.  I got them to replace the Asics Cumulus.

Sidi T2.6 Carbon
Last but not least...My bike shoes, two years old now, I still think Sidi is the best despite their price.  These like the pair before them, I got a great deal on so I keep on riding with them.  With any luck I'll find a great deal on my next pair.  Stiff and comfortable they fit my feet perfect, I don't think I've every had a better pair of bike shoes.

No comments: