Thursday, May 10, 2012

Plans for the rest of the season

I am going to do the HFP Olympic distance series again in Ohio like I did in 2009, I've already paid for it.  I'll miss one race to do Battle of Waterloo in August.  I may also do the He tried, She tried sprint distance with Karen it timing works out, I think that is in July.

The one big change I'm debating on is instead of doing the half at Cedar Point I'm thinking of going to Long Course Nationals again.  I was pretty ticked off the last time I went because the swim was cancelled but it appears that that was a blessing in disguise...The swim was cancelled at ITU Long Course Worlds too.  Here is my short post about it LINK

This year Long Course Nationals is in Oklahoma (Redman) qualifying for Worlds in 2013 in France.  I've never been to Europe before and this may be a good time to go.  I age up to 45-49 this year and I think it's my best opportunity to make Team USA.  What I need to do is get a qualifying race to get into Nationals, since I did Xterra last year I don't have a later season Half on the books.  I need a 5:35 to get in and I'm pretty sure I can do that at Triple T, I've done better than that the last two years.  If I don't then I'll have to find a flat local race to qualify at, it shouldn't be any problem.

After Triple T I'll make my decision but I'm really leaning toward Nationals again.

No comments: