Monday, October 26, 2015

The Prep for Clermont Draft Legal Sprint and Challenge Florida

My running has been going really well for the last several weeks.

I rested a little after Redman but really continued on my long runs and fast runs without issues since then.  Including the run at Redman I've had 5 good long runs and 5 good faster effort runs while continuing my easy days in between them.

The difference between last year's and this year's running is instead of doing threshold I'm doing short and fast intervals with 3 minutes of rest.  I'm hoping that will help me run faster for the DL sprint.

The bike training has been going ok since the weather has been warmer but nowhere near where I was during the summer.

Swimming is going well, I've had 5 good weeks in the pool and now it's time to rest up and see how things are going to go.

This week will be easier with 4 days of running, 3 easier rides and swimming as I feel.  I need to be at 100% to make it in the top 10 at the sprint, I don't know how that will turn out but I do have experience doing draft legal racing that I think others lack.

Now the last 2 weeks are here and I need to be smart and get my energy back. 

No comments: