Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wednesday long run

13.1 miles 1:43:28 HR 155

Rain, rain, rain, then the power went out, waited for the rain to stop, finally it did.

Hines drive was flooded going east so I had to run west, I don't really like going that way cuz I can't bail out 2 miles early if something weird happens like I can going east. At 5 miles it started to rain just a little, I felt good so I just went with it.

Well after doing an odd loop which added a mile I ran out just past my normal 6 mile mark which put me 7 miles out. I felt good, figured I could run 8 min/miles on the way back and come close to a PR run if I just added .1 miles at the end. Just as I started back I hooked up with a guy that was running pretty quick, stayed with him for about a mile and then backed off, it was just a little bit too fast for how far out I was (7:20).

It was fairly easy to hold 7:50's for the rest of the way, don't know why, maybe it's the new shoes, maybe it's the training, maybe part of both. I figured I was taking a chance running that far for the second run on those shoes but I had no foot issues at all. Really kind of breezed through the rest of the run, yes the HR was a little high but not too extreme, mostly 160-164.

In the end I wound up with a new PR for a Half Marathon by about 1:45. Not bad for a crappy rainy day.

Oh and it started raining again after I got back :)

No comments: